THE BARTENDER MASTERS
by SKORPIOS 1618
Passion for Education
Craftsmanship and Creativity
Welcome to The Bartender Masters -Tequila Academy
by SKORPIOS 1618.
SKORPIOS 1618 Tequila is an award-winning, ultra-premium, non-additive, luxury tequila rooted in Jalisco heritage and tradition, artisanal production methods and micro-small batch processes. We are a 4th Generation Jalisco family brand with a nod to ancestral homage. We pride ourselves on quality over quantity. We age our tequila mainly in bourbon barrels and hand bottle every expression. We have more than 20 inspection points to ensure every single bottle speaks craftmanship and perfection. We also like to experiment a lot with various fermentation methods, barreling and blends. You will not find our tequila everywhere - only at the right places and in the right hands where quality is valued and taste is revered. We are for those who demand the very best. We invite you to taste and find out.
A deep dive into cocktail mixology and tequila education and culture. We are passionate about providing bartenders with the knowledge and skills to create perfect tequila cocktails along with the background knowledge of tequila from the day it is harvested to the day it is bottled. Our course will cover the basics of tequila, as well as more advanced topics such as harvest, fermentation, barreling and mixology. We believe that tequila is more than just a spirit; it's an art form. Join us on our journey to explore the world of tequila and become a master bartender and an expert in tequila/agave culture.
Our Program is a 4 part program.
It consists of the following:
CLASS OF 2024 - 12 SPOTS
- Tequila SKORPIOS introductory/tasting meet and greet kick off gathering, overview of program during the 3rd/4th week of January 2024 from 5-8pm on a Monday/Tuesday in Los Angeles. Attendees will get to learn about SKORPIOS Tequila from the Founder & CEO with a meet and greet and private tequila tasting. Each attendee will take home a select bottle of SKORPIOS Tequila.
ONGOING - Brand Ambassador - each selected participant will be invited to be a brand ambassador for SKORPIOS. Each member of our Class of 2024 will receive a SKORPIOS Tequila PR package which includes product, brand swag and private invitations to SKORPIOS Tequila brand activations and events.
Ambassadors cocktail work will also be featured as a guest bartender on our academy website with a showcase to their work
- CRT 6-hour class on the history of tequila, theory, production, additives vs. non additives, barreling and all things tequila culture with a test at the end of the class administered by Consejo Regulador del Tequila (CRT). The CRT is the official regulatory council who governs over tequila in Mexico. Class will be held week of February 10 in San Diego, Los Angeles or Orange County (attendee can choose location and preferred date: Feb 12, 13 or 14)
- Once the above has been completed satisfactorily, the following will be offered
Invitation to the following and flexible based on attendee schedule
-chance to attend The US Bartenders Guild in Denver and attend bartending masterclasses and network with other bartenders from around the country and be part of the SKORPIOS team/booth and masterclass.
-chance to attend Tales of the Cocktail in July in New Orleans as a Tequila SKORPIOS brand ambassador
-other bartender courses/events through the year and bartender competitions on behalf of SKORPIOS
*attendees will be able to select
- Invitation to our distillery in Jalisco for a full dive experience with a hands-on tour at our distillery and with our head brand ambassador in Jalisco for a mixology masterclass and a mixology throwdown with other mixologists in Jalisco along with a masterclass in how to properly taste and decipher tequila with the Academia de Catadores Mexicanos (a highly regarded academy established by one of Mexico's most respected Maestro Tequilero).
- Online Tequila Theory Masterclass available for those not able to travel
We will have an Alumni celebration in Puerto Vallarta and more information will be provided when program is completed in full.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION WILL BE ISSUED BY THE CRT AND BY THE ACADEMIA (IF COURSE IS PASSED) WITH AN ENDORSEMENT
BY SKORPIOS TEQUILA
The classes and certification program is sponsored by SKORPIOS Tequila and there is no cost to the selected participant. Legally, an alcohol brand cannot pay for hotels, flights, etc. We are in the process of establishing a scholarship program with a bartender association. Selected candidates will be able to apply for a scholarship for flights/hotel and other travel expenses. More information will be shared once a candidate is notified of acceptance into the program.
AFTER THE PROGRAM
Ongoing invitations to exclusive brand events
Alumni will be invited to future co-horts as guest speakers, mixologists, educators and much more.
For hire bartending opportunities for SKORPIOS various events and activations
Featured cocktail of the month by alumni on our academy page and IG page
Exclusive invitations to bartending competitions
Exclusive invitation to concerts, events, bartending community festivals and much more
Alumni access to special events and new product releases
World renowned bartender mentoring/seminar sessions
Scholarship opportunities for various bartender seminars, educational events, memberships, etc.